Saturday, September 29, 2012

Hello Janie!

Janie loves talking on the phone.  Anything that resembles a phone (including remote controls) will go to her ear to mimic talking on the phone.  When Janie is asked to say hello, in the absence of a phone, she quickly places her hand on her ear to say hello.  Upon realizing that Jennifer is on the phone, she assumes daddy is on the other end of the phone and starts saying "daa-dee, daa-dee, daa-dee" in a low, husky voice.

While shopping with Jacob and Jensen, I had to call home to Jennifer to ask her a question.  I was surprised when the first sounds I heard on the other end of the phone were Janie's babbles.  Naturally, I assumed that Jennifer had answered the phone and immediately put the phone on JG's ear, so I talked to Janie and then waited...and waited for Jennifer to take back the phone.  It got to the point where I was getting frustrated (wanting to get my question answered so we could finish shopping) while Jacob and Jensen found Janie's sounds more and more amusing (by then I had turned on the speaker phone).

In the end, Jennifer hadn't answered the phone at all...Janie had.  One of the phones was right near where Janie was playing while Jennifer was in the bathroom.  Janie grabbed the phone, happened to press the correct button and proceeded to talk to the three of us at the store.  Of course, Janie didn't turn the phone off and Jennifer had no idea she was on phone.  Therefore, I was getting nothing but busy signals during my attempts to call Jennifer back.  Finally, I had to call Jennifer's cell phone over and over again until she finally answered it!  We all got a good laugh.  Hopefully, Janie doesn't have a future in telemarketing!


No comments:

Post a Comment