Friday, February 22, 2013

My's Birthday

So I got behind on some blog updates and rather than digging out when the dirt was shallow, I waited until it was 8-feet deep!

Anyway, first up are some pictures from My's birthday.  If you know Jacob well, you know that he's been sleeping with his bunny-blanket (My) for his entire life.  My has been over-nighted to Indianapolis when he was left behind in Greensboro.  My no longer has the stuffing in his face.  My still gets packed up for sleepovers.  On a couple occasions, I've suggested it might be time to put My in the closet...I won't do that again.

Recently, Jennifer commented that, with Jacob's 8th birthday around the corner, My was getting ready to turn 8.  Naturally (for Jacob anyway), Jacob asked, "when is My's birthday?"  Jennifer can vividly remember the occasion when a student gave My to us at a shower before Jacob was born.  In fact, Jennifer was able to figure out the exact date from back in 2005.  Therefore, it was only reasonable for us to have a birthday celebration for My. 

Jennifer had been storing away in the freezer the last raspberries from every carton we purchased during the past 6 months, so those were brought out for a fantastic cobbler that we enjoyed which was adorned with bunny-shaped cut-outs on top.

There is definitely a sense of nostalgia in both Jennifer and me.  It seems we've passed that long to Jacob.


My was unsuccessful in his attempt to blow out the candle so Jacob helped...




2 comments:

  1. Love it! Carter has Elephant and has the same attachment to this day. (So My should have at least one more party in the future.) Last night we went to Raleigh for the Hurricanes hockey game. I was hopeful the kids would doze off on the way home since I knew it would be after 10pm. He protested loudly that I had forgotten Elephant, whoops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Ya'll are GREAT parents!!

    ReplyDelete